There are many places with tasty wine, delicious food and great activities for everyone. Here are some of our favourites close by…
Things to Do in Margaret River
Wine & Food – our favourites
- Cullens – biodynamic and organic
- Vasse Felix
- Xanadu – has a small amount of play equipment for primary age children
- Watershed – great for large groups as well as just a couple
- Cape Mentelle – international exporter of quality wines
- Brown Hill – stop in on your way to Jester’s Flat (see activities section)
- The Berry Farm – has delicious home-made lunches (the servings are generous), as well as a great range of preserves, sauces and fruit port. Little birds eat out of your hand! There’s a great playground for young children.
- Olio Bello – has delicious home-made pasta, yummy olive and other home-made products.
- Margaret River Hotel – is in the centre of town and has a welcoming indoor/outdoor dining area with a range of reasonably priced meals to suit everyone.
- Hay Shed Hill – great casual dining for families
- Cheeky Monkey brewery – serves simple but tasty snacks and lunch with a playground for children
- Colonial Brewery – has great beer, pizza and an enormous playground!
- Watershed – has a café section with light lunches and a small outdoor play area for little tots up to about 7yrs old
- The duck park – turn just before the bridge leading into Margaret River. Take a picnic or a snack. There are picnic tables, BBQ’s and a playground. There are also great walks through the Australian bush alongside ‘the’ Margaret River (sign-posted from the park). Entry is free
Cafes and casual dining
- White Elephant (seasonal) – a stunning location to have coffee or a light lunch, beach-side in Prevelly
- Morries Anytime – is located at the top of town on Bussell Hwy of town and is excellent for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Blue Ginger – on Station Rd has a range of gourmet and international produce and brands with great coffee and light lunch options
- Urban Bean – Scrumptious healthy options for breakfast and lunch at the top of town
- Café 131 – try the cake! Located half way down the main street
- Yahava – just out of town, Yahava is arguably one of the best coffee roasters in the district. You can buy some to take home or enjoy it there at their cafe.
- Chang Thai Kitchen – casual dine in or takeaway delicious, authentic Thai food on Station Rd
- Chow Cuisine to Go – evening meals, takeaway only. They are located behind the NAB bank building
- Margaret River Discovery Tours – has brilliant reviews on Trip Advisor
- Jesters Flat – horse-riding amongst a true ‘Australian experience’ setting. Bush picnics are a feature with gourmet local produce and more.
- Warden Aboriginal Cultural Centre in Yallingup – features local indigenous activities such as spear throwing, fire making and how to spot bush tucker (traditional food). Opening hours are seasonal
- Bushtucker Tours – is always enjoyed by those who would like to have a tour up the river. The Tour goes right past Pearl River House and River Valley Villa!! Perhaps explore your favourite parts of the Tour afterwards with the complimentary use of the House and Villa’s kayaks
- Caves – there are magnificent caves in the Margaret River region, such as the Mammoth, Jewel and Lake caves. The water level in the Lake Cave has been inexplicably rising recently. Visit the Margaret River Visitors Information Centre for details.
- Mountain-bike riding – Margaret River has great trails. There are some great tour operators that can show you around or you can explore by yourself!
- Hamelin Bay – is a stunning white beach and bay only half an hour drive from your accommodation. Meander down Caves Road through the breath-taking Boranup Forest with its ancient Karri trees. Stop at the Boranup Galleries, maze and tea rooms, it’s worth a look!