Welcome to Pearl River Houses
Only two minutes drive from Surfer’s Point in Prevelly and a eight minute drive to Margaret River town, staying at this property will give you that elusive, ‘well kept secret’ feeling. Kayaks are available for guests of both house and villa to take a leisurely paddle either up river or down to the Rivermouth.
Gnarabup beach in Prevelly is a lovely safe beach for families with young children. You can snorkel or hire standup paddle boards in Summer, or sit on the deck of the “White Elephant” cafe for a light meal or coffee. There is also a boat ramp nearby for those guests planning some time on the water.
Our property is home to many native animals. Enjoy your evening watching the kangaroos or even an emu dine in the valley and spot birds of all description. We have been fortunate to have been provided with a list of local native birds spotted by an extremely knowledgeable guest. Ornithologists welcome!
Watch this short video to see an aerial overview of the location, a virtual tour of the house and the precise layout of the property
- Please note that guests of either the house or the nearby Villa do not have access to the common courtyard unless both houses are booked out by the same group.
- We provide use of the kayaks and life jackets for our guests’ enjoyment. Please note the activity requires reasonable physical fitness as the kayaks need to be pulled from the river and back to our property. The river bank is public land.
- Under no circumstances can fires be lit anywhere on the property. This includes no use of the open fireplace in the courtyard. Please do not smoke inside the houses and do dispose of cigarette butts responsibly.
Important Notes for families with young children
- There is a fish pond and stream in the house garden and a large unfenced dam in the paddock.
- The river is a few hundred metres from the house. The gate to the river is unlocked.
- The terraced garden also contains some high walls without railings.
- While children love to roam this property, young children need to be closely supervised when outside and the owners accept no responsibility if this fails to happen.